Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Highway 40 Blues

Recently when my husband was driving, I saw our exit coming closer.  And closer.  And closer.  Judging from his actions, I could tell that he did not notice.  So, I pointed toward it.  And he drove past.
"You missed our exit,"  I announced.
He looked over at me and grinned.  "That is not where we are going," he said.
I was confused for a moment until I realized we don't live in Memphis anymore.  Our former route, engraved in my brain like an old habit, was no longer valid.  We needed to go in an entirely different direction to get home.

 "THIS is the way," we tell God.  "You don't know what You are doing."

And it turns out that WE are the ones that are clueless.

"...and I am staggered that I was so stupid
        as not to trust Him before."
                         --Oswald Chambers
                            My Utmost for His Highest
                            November 6

And I will lead the blind
       in a way that they know not,
  in paths that they have not known
        I will guide them.
                            Isaiah 42.16

No comments: