Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A little nudge


I was working on the computer yesterday.  I intended to be writing, but that is usually when neglected tasks push their way to the head of the line.  As I was clearing out some old email correspondence, a thought made its way across my mind.  Great idea, I surmised.

As I composed the email, God checked my heart and stayed my hand.  "Don't go there," I felt like He was impressing on my heart.  "Let Me take care of it."

I know when I want to respond "but....." that I am not trusting God.  But what if I don't do this?  What if I do?

Trusting God is always somehow blessed.  Not trusting Him always results in a mess.

"The only thing harder than waiting on God
is wishing that you did," says author and pastor Crawford Loritts.

I cannot dictate the outcome
           or even the path,
      but I can seek God in it,
to follow God
     and not get ahead of Him.

And sometimes that guidance from Him
    is just a little nudge.
"Let Me do this."

I deleted that email immediately.
And I felt like He said,
       "Now watch this....."

And your ears shall hear a word behind you,
saying,
"This is the way, walk in it,"
when you turn to the right
or when you turn to the left.

                      Isaiah 30.21

Can I trust Him in this?

That is what His nudge is all about.

When I am most anxious to DO SOMETHING,
that something means
              trusting Him more.
It is not that I lay this thing before Him,
   but letting Him
            lay His way before me.

Is God checking your heart in something today?
Follow Him into it. 

The One who calls you is faithful,
     and He will do it.

                   1 Thessalonians 5. 24


No comments: