Thursday, January 4, 2018

Have you considered...?


The beginning of a new year,
the dawning of a new day,
the onslaught of an impossible task,
     or the miry bog of equally difficult people,...

What if....?

What if praying about it radically changed everything?

Have you considered.... praying about it? 

Prayer doesn't just "work."  Prayer does not just bring God into it.  Prayer doesn't just "change things."  Prayer is not just talking to God, or handing Him a to-do list (my way, of course), or when nothing else helps, or reciting the thoughts or magical words of someone I think is much more worthy than me.

Prayer is  the lost art of personal conversation with God, one on One, speaking and listening, hearing and heeding, a turning to God, a response, a cry in the night, a call to action, and love penetrating it all, verbalized in words.

I can never distinguish whether God changes a predicament, or me in it.  Often He recalibrates my heart towards it, quite literally changes my mind, navigates me through, sharpens my vision --" I never saw that before!"  A grace emerges, a path appears in the impenetrable thicket....or more often, through it.

The result of prayer is not an answer,
          but the awe of God.

Praying should be my first response,
                 not my last resort.

I am often in a position that all I can do is pray for a person or an impossible situation. And that term "only pray" haunts me.

Because praying is the most incredible thing I can do in any situation.  Praying unleashes His Almighty power in ways I cannot understand.  In praying, God may also change my heart and vision and proximity to do something.  I am aware that I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I cannot change others, but God can change me.  I am aware that God is already at work.

By praying, I join Him in that work.  By asking for prayer, others are also blessed by what God is doing.

The prayer of the righteous
has great power
in its effects.

                James 5. 16

The righteous are not those who are perfect,
but those who are simply living in right relationship with God,
                 because they are forgiven.

Great power in its effects?

Have you considered praying about it? 

"It won't matter."

                  But what if it does?

What if it changes the course of your life?

What if....?

The reality is:
God always answers
             in a million different dimensions,
probably even more than that.

Watch what God will do,
and know His response
             goes much deeper than you will ever know.


No comments: