Monday, May 10, 2010

Focus and Fear

Running early this morning, I was very conscious of my shadow, either preceding me or traveling behind where I could not see it. And it made me think that if I focus on the sun, the shadows will always be at my back. We all have shadows and fears to deal with. But they are a lot easier to deal with if they are not staring you in the face. I know that God is there to help me, but there are some big shadows out there. To vanquish them does not mean to put God in your pocket, or stick Him in front of you, or squeeze Him in your schedule, but focus on Him through prayer and His Word. It is not that you won't ever go through scary places, but you won't go through them alone.
And the LORD said to him, "But I will be with you." Judges 6. 15-16. Keep your eyes on that.

No comments: