Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 62 Perfect Timing

I had a hard time getting out of the house for my run this morning.  You know how it goes.  One more email to read.  Put away the laundry (so I can find my favorite running shirt).  I really should finish the dishes before I head out.  I forgot my key and then had to come back inside.  And when I did, the phone rang and it was Hannah who was on her way to class.  Finally, I locked the door, set my watch, walked to the end of the driveway, and decided on my route.  There were points when I had to wait for cars to pass when crossing the road.  And of course, there was a long freight train where I needed to cross the tracks.  I went on to the next intersection to scoot across.  I planned to take a big loop around and stop at Beth’s for a drink and a Maggie hug on my way back.  As I approached a major road crossing, I missed the light by about two seconds.  I looked down to stop my watch, and when I looked up, there was Beth driving by.  We both had looks of surprise on our faces.  We could not have planned it with such precision. 

The timing was beyond our own.  And that is how I want to live my life, not by my watch but by His.

My times are in Your hands.  Psalm 31.15

No comments: