Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 86 A Balmy 36 Degrees

We have been enjoying quite a bit of unseasonably warm weather here in Chicago for September and October -- what we used to call “Indian summer” when I was a little girl.  So one morning last week when it was 36 degrees as I headed out to run, it took me by surprise.  I tried to wiggle my schedule around to avoid running in the cold morning air, but it was a packed day.  I dreaded going out.  I donned two shirts, my capri running pants, pulled my cuffs over my hands, and ….ooohhh, it wasn’t so bad.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue as the sea, I saw a little girl with fuzzy tights walking with her mom, the sidewalks covered in gold leaves… what exactly was I dreading?  It was a glorious morning.  And I almost missed it.

And it made me wonder how many other things I miss because it MIGHT be uncomfortable or inconvenient or something I have never done before. 

No comments: