Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Even Before

One evening last week, my husband was going over his slides for a presentation for work.   When I asked him a question about it, I realized that while he did have a speech to deliver the next day, he was one step ahead, actually polishing up yet a different presentation for this week.  I know him better than to think he would wait until the last minute to prepare.

I thought about that incident today as I was praying for someone.  I was praying that even now God was working out the details and preparing her heart...and then I stopped mid-sentence.  Even now?  Even before!  I know Him better than to think that He is only now putting the intricate pieces into place and working the outcome.  It is done.  He is only unfolding what He has designed all along.

It is in prayer that I lay my life before Him and realize that He is way ahead of me.

For I know the plans I have for you,
says the LORD,
plans for welfare and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope.

                       Jeremiah 29. 11

My times are in Your hand.
                        Psalm 31.15

No comments: