Monday, August 8, 2016

What happens doesn't just happen


I have had conversations with two different people this past week who are overwhelmed by the bizarre political situation facing this coming election.  One man started ranting about the candidates.  Another woman is not even watching the news anymore.  "Too depressing," she said.  "And what happens is just going to happen."

And what if we prayed about it?

What if we spent as much time praying for the political situation, for the candidates, for God's people to respond with grace and love, as we spend criticizing, analyzing, agonizing over the mess?

Satan loves to tell us, "You can't do anything about it.  You are already defeated!"

But God says:

"If My people,
who are called by My name,
will humble themselves
                     and pray
and seek My face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin
      and heal their land."

           2 Chronicles 7. 14

What can I do?
I can pray.
I can pray all I want.
And God promises victory
    in ways I cannot even imagine.

When we bring it before the LORD,
      change comes in another door.

And that is not just limited to the election.

No comments: