Tuesday, November 8, 2016

At the end of the day...



We arrive at the day none of us has been waiting for, the most bizarre election in the history of this country.

Three things to keep in mind:

1. Vote.  We live in one of the few countries in the world where we can vote the type of government we prefer.  In this election, ignore the candidates and vote on the issues or platform.  Staying home is not an option.

2.  Pray for our leaders, not complain about them.  If we prayed more than we grumbled, we would live in a much different country.  God never intended waiting on Him to be an excuse for complacency.

And as Chuck Colson used to say, "Remain at your post and do your duty -- for the glory of God and His kingdom."

3.  At the end of the day, and at the end of this election, God is still God.  He is still in control.

The LORD sits enthroned as king for ever.

                                        Psalm 29. 10

Have I recognized His sovereignty
                   over this nation?
Have I recognized His sovereignty
                   in my heart?

As I was sitting in church on Sunday, the words of this old hymn washed over me.  I hope the tune and the words get stuck in your head as well.

This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget,
That though the wrong
         seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.

This is my Father's world.
Why should my heart be sad?
The LORD is king,
        Let the heavens ring.
God reigns!
Let the earth be glad.

No comments: