Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 93 Yea, I’m still running

So much for a daily blog on running the marathon.  I am still training, but I have not been faithful in blogging.  And quite frankly, there have been many days when I have wondered about my sanity.  And thinking about what my daughter Laura recommends, “Time for a new hobby.”  I thought a lot about that last weekend when I had to run 20 miles by myself and all but one water fountain on the path had been turned off for the season.  “Keep going,” I told myself at several points.  “You can finish this.”  It made me think about so many times in life when God has stretched me beyond what I thought I was capable.  When the girls were so little, there were so many cries in the night when I didn’t think that I had the energy to get out of bed one more time.  But I did.  Somehow God provides the strength to get through.  We’ve ALL been there.

And I realize that the hard part about the marathon is not the marathon itself, but the long and lonely miles of training when you are by yourself and the road seems endless.  You will make it.  And so will I. 

The miles may be long and hard, but there is blue sky and golden arches of trees and a hot shower waiting for me at the end.  God is good.  May I never forget that.

But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases,

His mercies never come to an end;

they are new every morning;

            great is Your faithfulness.

                 Lamentations 3. 21-23

No comments: