Friday, March 18, 2011

Never Forgotten

A few weeks ago, I attended a church service where the children were invited to sit on the steps at the front of the sanctuary for “a special time with Pastor Frank.”  The pastor started to share with the little ones about times of being afraid and being alone.  “I wonder sometimes if God remembers me,” the pastor said.  Quite suddenly a little boy spoke out in a voice loud enough for everyone to hear:  “He always does,” said the four-or-five year-old.  “He knows you by name.”

Out of the mouth of a mere babe comes the truth that should always be foremost in our thoughts and in the way by which we live.  It will transform how you see yourself, how you see the world, and how you see God.  Nothing will ever be the same. 

But now thus says the LORD,

He who created you, O Jacob,

He who formed you, O Israel,

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name,

         you are Mine.

When you pass through the waters I will be with you,

and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you,

when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,

    and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the LORD your God,

the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

…Because you are precious in My eyes,

and honored, and I love you.”

                                 Isaiah 43. 1-4

No comments: