Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bless You!

And what if I did not ask the LORD today to bless me,

        but that I focused my day on blessing Him?

Not “look at what I can do for You”

but “how can I bless You, O LORD?”

Not just by words,

             or doings,

      but by my life.

     And quite suddenly,

           the day takes on a different agenda,

      a recalibration,

      a renewal,

      purposes deeper than I can see.

What has He put on my plate today,

who has He placed on my path,

in what situations am I knee-deep,

      that I can bless Him?

Loving God.

Loving others.

 

With what shall I come before the LORD,

and bow myself before God on high?

…He has showed you, O man,

what is good,

and what does the LORD require of you

but to do justice,

and to love kindness,

and to walk humbly with your God?

                        Micah 6. 6,8

No comments: