Tuesday, July 17, 2012

But If I Trusted…

As I was sending out a verse of Scripture today (www.worddujour.blogspot.com), I realized that I had replaced one word with another when I was writing the verse down in my journal.  The verse starts, “But I have trusted in Your steadfast love…”  Instead, I had written, “But if I trusted …”

When I corrected my error, I saw the vast separation between “I have trusted,” and “IF I trusted.”  Oh, the difference that would make in how we live and in our relationship with God.  One is a solid mindset, secure in the goodness of God, no matter what, no matter how things may appear.  The other expresses regret, realizing the difference that trusting in God makes in the outcome.  What would I do differently if I really trusted Him?   Life would never be the same.

But IF I trusted. 

No comments: