Friday, March 1, 2013

And That Is Enough

Three years ago on our most recent move, we searched for a house for several months.  Finally, we found one that we liked.  It had been on the market for more than a year.  It would require some work to update, but the space was good and location very convenient.

We came into town to make an offer.  Our realtor called to make a final appointment.  "Oh, sorry," she was told.  "The sellers decided to take the house off the market last night."  Despite our realtor 's pleas, the sellers would not reconsider.  We had prayed for guidance.  And although we were a bit confused, that door was obviously closed.  We ended up with another place to live a few miles away in a neighboring town.

Today as I was running through snow-clogged streets, I ran past that other house.  "We may never know why we didn't get that house," I thought.  And further down the block, "But we know God had a good reason.  And that is enough."

God's plans have no detours.  There are no glitches in His designs.  It is not just that there is a reason, but that GOD had purpose in it.  I don't have to know that purpose, but just to know that He has reasons deeper than I can comprehend.

And that is always enough.


But I trust in You, O LORD,
I say,
        "You are my God."
My times are in Your hands."

                         Psalm 31. 14-15

No comments: