Thursday, March 21, 2013

What Can I Pray For You Today?

Each morning as my husband leaves for work, I remind him how much I love him and also ask him, "What can I pray for you today?"  Many times he asks me to pray for God's wisdom and grace for a situation at work or a dilemma to untangle.  Sometimes he just says, "the usual."

But this morning as he grabbed his toast and phone to head out the door, he looked up and said,  "the extraordinary."

When God guides our day, that is what happens.  Even that of which we are unaware, even on a day of what appears to be small things, He works mightily in the deep, far below the surface.

Pray the extraordinary today and know that He is working it.  When you follow God fully, He changes you and impacts everyone around you as well.

...He said to Simon,
"Put out into the deep
   and let down your nets for a catch."
And Simon answered,
"Master, we toiled all night
      and took nothing,
but at Your word
      I will let down the nets."
And when they had done this,
they enclosed a great shoal of fish,
and as their nets were breaking,
they beckoned to their partners in the other boat
to come and help them.
And they came and filled both boats.

                              Luke 5. 4-7


No comments: