Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ten Thousand Reasons

This past two Sundays, I attended two different churches.  In both services, a week apart, worship included Matt Redman's beautiful worship song Ten Thousand Reasons.  You may know it more by the words, "Bless the LORD, O my soul..."

When we worship the LORD, something happens.  Worship ALWAYS has a residual effect in our lives.  Worship changes us.  It recalibrates our hearts to Him.  I should always be conscious that I am a little bit different as I leave church, because of worshiping God Almighty.  We see life differently;  we live life differently.

Worship becomes the soundtrack of my life.  It carries over into the rest of my week -- in how I treat those around me, indeed, I see them through His eyes.  In what I say, filtered through His love and grace.  In how I do my job, because ALL I do is a form of worship to God.

I have been mindful these past two weeks of these truths, because the soundtrack of these days has been that song.  I have found myself singing it as I move about my day, whatever I am doing, whether rocking my brand new grand baby, driving my car to an appointment, seeking wisdom in my work and doing it for God with all my heart and soul and mind and strength.

"...Worship His holy name."

My soundtrack. In all things.  In all ways.  Among all people.
For His Glory.  Always.  Only.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDXDGE_lRI0E

No comments: