Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Change My Mind


If indeed
the things I do
        actually change my brain cells
 -- as mentioned in yesterday's blog --
what even more happens
when I pray to the LORD,
when I read God's Word,
              and do it.
God actually changes my mind
             and my heart
       and my relationships
           and the course of my life.
What God says in His Word,
          He says for a reason.
And so, when He commands,
"You shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
and with all your soul,
and with all your mind.
...You shall love your neighbor as yourself.".
                Matthew 22. 37-39
there is a reason for it.
Loving God
         and loving others
have changed minds and hearts
long before MRI was around to show it.
The proof is in our lives
       and the impact of God's love
                    in everyone around us.
Change my mind, O LORD.
Change my heart.

No comments: