Thursday, May 28, 2015

Not so "off the grid" after all


When facing an impossible situation, I used to tell our girls when they were young, "There are some things in my control, but this is not one of them."

There are things that I can do, and there are many more things that I can't.  Sometimes distance prevents me from helping, sometimes it is far beyond what I am able. I am sorely limited.

Likewise, when we travel, we are often off the wifi grid, and the data we have is limited. Too much month is left at the end of our allotment.  But I have found, I can text all I want. No limits on that.

And while I may be limited in ability and even overwhelmed by the task at hand, I can do what I can, and PRAY all I want.

God never gets tired of hearing from us. Indeed, He awaits our calls for both His help and praise to Him.

Recently, I was faced with a circumstance in which I was unable to physically help in a situation. The only thing I could do was pray. It occurred to me that I was more help praying than anything else. That was exactly where God wanted me to be.

The only thing I can do? Never discount what God will do through prayer.

I may not be able to DO anything about a particular situation, but I can PRAY all I want.

The prayer of the righteous
has great power in its effects.
                      James 5. 16

No comments: