Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Surprises in My Reluctance


It happened once again several weeks ago.  I was presented an opportunity to see a movie with some friends.  I didn't want to go.  And throughout my life, I have discovered that when I start lining up a litany of  lame excuses to not do something, I know that I need to just go ahead and do it.

All my excuses crumbled, nothing to cling onto.  And so I reluctantly agreed to go.

My sister-in-law and her three sisters were attending the movie War Room which was released at the end of August.  I admit an inherent prejudice against cheesy Christian movies.  But I went.  We sat down in the theater.  And God brought me to shame.

I will not say anything more, but the powerful message in this movie just might change your thinking on a lot of different levels, a message that very well may change the course of your life...and everyone around you.








No comments: