Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 15 Did you win?

I am currently reading a birthday present from Kate and Justin who sent me an autographed copy of Hal Higdon’s book Marathon.  After having run 111 marathons and training a countless number of people to cross the finish line, Higdon has some great advice and amusing anecdotes about running.  In one of his stories, he tells about a young dad so excited about finishing his first marathon.  The first thing his son wanted to know, “Well, Dad, did you win?”  The Dad said something about finishing the race, but his son kept asking if he won.  Eventually, the Dad nodded and said, “You know, son, I did.”

This morning, I read these verses:

Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize?  So run that you may obtain it.  Every athlete exercises self control in all things.  They do it to receive a perishable wreath, be we an imperishable.   1 Corinthians 9. 24-25

Run strong, my friends.

No comments: