Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 6 Run Forrest Run

This morning was glorious.  It was cool and sunny and very Friday.  I was just supposed to do a mid-length segment today in dread of tomorrow’s weekly LONG grueling run, when I usually contemplate “what was I thinking?”   But today was different.  I had fresh legs from my running sabbath yesterday, the light breeze made it feel like I was running in air conditioning, and it appeared that all of creation – flowers, trees and sky – were competing for beauty.   I ran past the retention pond,  past the high school, and past the commuters at the train station.  I ran.  And I enjoyed it.  When I reached the spot on the trail alongside the railroad tracks where I was supposed to turn around, I pulled a Forrest Gump and kept on running.  I ran past the College Avenue train station, past Wheaton College, through downtown Wheaton, past the Wheaton train station, the apartment buildings, parking garage, and THEN I turned around.

When I got home, I marked down my long run for today.  Sometimes you just gotta run.

No comments: