Thursday, October 11, 2012

Quick, What Were You Doing 32 Years Ago?

 scan0001 (2)

I was saying “I do.”

And while I promised to love and cherish,

for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer,

in sickness and in health,

how little did I know the fine print

that said, “also includes:”

eight major moves,

puking my way through four pregnancies,

cheering at bike races

    and rainy cold marathons,

hot dogs on the grill

    and homemade coq au vin,

late night school projects

    and the prom angst of four teenage girls,

sheer joy,

     disasters,

     and utter delight,

the valley of despair

          sometimes for no reason at all,

needing degrees in nursing, teaching,

      rocket science, hairdressing,

      a chauffeurs license,

      chef certification,

      and the ability to run a small country,

dark early mornings,

     sleepless babies,

     exhausted teens,

some-mores on long glorious camping trips,

music blasting in the car,

pushed to the limit

    but never quite over the edge,

seeking answers and finding God,

living in His wildest mercies,

praying through narrow squeaks

        and long dark tunnels,

rejoicing aloud,

together,

always together.

I didn’t know what was coming

         but I can’t thank God enough.

I had no idea

        how I would

        love this man

even more

year by year by year.

 

The adventure continues!

gregory0233 - Copy

No comments: