Monday, October 29, 2012

Please Stay Tuned

This blog posting was SUPPOSED to be about my backpacking adventure with my husband last week.  Indeed, that post is already written and documented with pictures.  And then, just as I was ready to post about it a few days ago and share my adventure in the wild, the hard drive on my computer crashed.  And with it, my writing, research and pictures GONE.
Please bear with me as I try to work through this miry bog of technical issues.

In the meantime, be faithful to what God has placed before you to do today, those tasks that may be wearisome, those people who may be even more wearisome and difficult, impossible situations that only God can lead you through.  One of my favorite books is The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, a quiet unassuming single Dutch woman whom God used in mighty ways...and whom God is still using.  When this tender hearted woman was struggling deeply to hide Jews in her home in Nazi occupied Holland, and then, as a result, trying to be obedient to God in the midst of a German concentration camp, she would have no idea that 70 years later, people would still speak of  how she was used by God and His faithfulness to her.
Leave that kind of legacy behind you today, even in the little things of life.  Because in God's kingdom, nothing is little, nothing too small to be used in mighty ways.  We never know how God will bear fruit through it, sometimes not what we expect, sometimes much deeper than we can possibly comprehend.

Let the favor of the LORD our God
       be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us,
yea, establish the work of our hands.
                              Psalm 90.17

                           Psalm 90.17

No comments: