Sunday, May 19, 2013

Absolutely!

I woke early yesterday morning to the chorus of birds outside my open window, and the sun streaming through the blinds as if to announce the grand opening of a new day.  The sky was deepest blue, the air fragrant and rich, and the morning was offered like an incredible gift.  We had jumped suddenly into summer.

And I couldn't wait to lace on my running shoes to take advantage of it.

I headed into a park about a mile from our house, a trailhead of sorts, from which I can take any number of routes.  As I ran through a congregation of trees, I passed an older gentleman who was walking casually on the narrow asphalt path. He nodded his head and said "Good morning," a social protocol that bonds walkers and runners in their outdoor delight.

I responded with, "Beautiful day," acknowledging the immense beauty surrounding us.

"Absolutely!" he exclaimed with great enthusiasm.

I immediately thought of the verse:

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
Let Your glory be over all the earth!

                               Psalm 108.5

His glory had covered and saturated this place beyond measure.

I cannot so much make a cupcake that it is obviously the intentional work of a baker.  And believer or not, passing through this park alone, not one of us could help but stand in awe of the greater work of the Creator Himself.

The intense beauty of this world
      is one of the ways God has revealed Himself to us,
His power throughout the universe displayed.

The heavens are telling the glory of God,
and the firmament proclaims His handiwork.

                                  Psalm 19.1

Absolutely!

No comments: