Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bases Loaded




















LORD,
     You load all my bases,
reveal door handles just waiting to be tried,
provisions stacked in place,
angel assignments handed out.
I may never understand the answers,
    but even if I don't know
   where this road is taking me,
             I know You cover all the questions
who              
where
what
when
how
         and why,
      deep in Your eternal purposes,
not that "there is a reason for it,"
           but You have a reason.
For Your glory.
For Your glory,
                  indeed.
We don't know what to do,
           but our eyes are on You.
                        2 Chronicles 20.12
Out of the night,
out of the blue,
vision is given,
         sometimes just enough light
   for one teeny baby step,
a change of direction,
         a turning around,
seeing the familiar through new eyes,
comprehending
        what I could never imagine on my own,
even at times,
     drawing me to what makes no sense at all,
                                     if it were not for You.
Even without a trail,
                   You direct me,
    "Over here!"
        building up layer by layer
      until I am ready.
No wandering after all,
       running before,
             walking ahead,
         coming behind me.
             God has my back.

No fear,
no matter what happens,
no matter how He leads,
       God has me covered.

It is the LORD who goes before you.
He will be with you;
He will not leave you
             or forsake you.
Do not fear or be dismayed.
   
                          Deuteronomy 31.8            

No comments: