Friday, March 6, 2015

Melting the hardness away


It is only 20 degrees outside right now, but there is a brilliance in the sky that we have not seen in weeks.  And with all the plowing and mountains of salt spread on the roads, nothing is better than those rays from the sun to melt away the hard stubborn ice.  The air is cold, but the radiant heat from the sun is doing its wonders.

The sunshine streaming through our windows this morning helped me to see the day differently, banishing the bleakness of a long grey winter.

In my Bible reading this morning, one verse in particular stood out.

The LORD bless you and keep you:
The LORD make His face to shine upon you,
         and be gracious to you:
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
         and give you peace.

                        Numbers 6. 24-26

I am all too aware that to seek His face in the dawning of the day helps me to see the day differently.  God melts away the hard stubborn ice of my heart, and brings me to a place where I can see the wondrous works of His hand, to dwell in His grace, no matter what is swirling around me.

And to know that spring is coming even now,
        just like His redeeming.

You have said, "Seek My face."
My heart says to You,
    "Your face, LORD, do I seek."

                          Psalm 27.8



No comments: