Thursday, July 4, 2013

Even Then

Even my needs
       bring me closer to Him.
Even my pain
My desperation
Even the mysteries
    those things so far above
      and beyond the grasp
     of my finite mind
        and my myopic vision
Even my homesickness
      my longings
     my yearning that will only be fully satisfied
              on the Other Side of life
Even what appears to me
        so bleak
        so lonely
        so much "I don't get it"
Even in leaving everything
              everyone
          my comfort
                and call
Even in heavy rain
      winding roads
  and "remind me again,
         what are we doing here?"
Something more is going on
Something so much bigger
Something deeper
         beyond belief
         soaked in grace
He is preparing
     equipping
   revealing the incredible
           step by step by step
Just follow Me 

Even then
Even now.


Surely the LORD is in this place,
and I did not know it.

                      Genesis 28.16

No comments: