Sunday, June 2, 2013

Drool marks

As I was unpacking from my week of taking care of our three-month-old grandbaby, it was obvious from the condition of my clothes what I had been doing.  I sorted what needed to be laundered.  And there was the evidence of babycare:  little marks on the shoulders of my shirts where the baby had been gnawing impatiently while I heated up his bottle. ("Hurry, Gramma!")  There were also various drools on the front of my shirts - marks of which I consider badges of honor.

The marks showed how I had been spending my time.













Just the same, our lives are marked distinctly by spending time with God -- reading the Bible, prayer, and worshiping Him through all we do.  God transforms our lives by changing our hearts.  Indeed, as he "came down from the mountain, Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God."  (Exodus 34.29)

The time each one of us spends with Him leaves evidence throughout our days, showing with great distinction a changed heart, so deep that it transforms one's countenance and alters every encounter.

Abide in Him.  It will be revealed in everything you do and how you love -- obvious to everyone around you and in ways that you may never fully know. 

No comments: