Friday, June 14, 2013

Even In This

What happens when life doesn't look so good,
the team loses in the last three seconds,
the car is leaking oil,
his bike is stolen,
the baby cries all night
        and doesn't nap,
dinner is late
    or not at all,
detours,
          dead ends,
     and what in the world am I doing here,
after a long uphill battle
       there is yet another hill,
I lose my temper,
    my phone,
         my mind,
     not necessarily in that order,
the kids all move away,
good friends are rare,
the job
  or relationship
     or contract
         don't work out,
a big test is failed,
opportunity doesn't knock,
I am dead last,
and it rains
                again?

What then?
When all the women are weary,
the men are not lookin' so good,
and the children are not above average?

... then we shall know
        that the LORD is God.

He is there.
He is real.
He still works mightily.

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
   and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
   and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet
   I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the LORD, is my strength;
He makes my feet like the deer's';
He makes me tread on my high places.

                      Habakkuk 3. 17-19

O LORD, do something.
"I am.
You just can't see it yet."

No matter the circumstances,
       God is still in control.









No comments: