Monday, September 23, 2013

Here!














 I love being with these little ones.  Yesterday as they dashed down the sidewalk after church, a woman remarked, "My, where did they get all that energy?"

I replied, "They drained it from us!"

This morning as the children ate their breakfast, two-year-old Howie looked up at me and said, "I'm so glad you are here!!!!"

That comment and the joy on his face filled my heart all the way up.  It was not for what I was doing for him, but just being here.

And it made me wonder how often I thank God and acknowledge His Presence, not for this and that, but because He is.  I am so glad You are here.

And while, I am sure, it delights God's heart to hear those words.  That delight fills me as well.

In Your presence,
    there is fullness of joy.

                 Psalm 16.11

No comments: