Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Simple Stuff


And in the end, it is not the big stuff that counts
          so much in the mind of a child,
but the every days,
when God transforms the ordinary
              into the extraordinary.
I spent another day with our grand kids
       playing race cars,
    and reading library books,
baking some rather odd-shaped pretzels,


















and enjoying them as an afternoon treat,


















finishing up the day at the playground,
watching a cross country race
    that just happened to be there at the same time,
climbing on every piece of playground equipment
                  in the park,


















quick,
   before supper,
 jammies,
and Bible stories.
 
I did not run today,
I did not write,
I didn't even sit down much,
but I invested an ordinary day
             for eternity.
And in this quiet house
  of children finally sleeping,
     I can still hear their laughter
                 in my heart.

Despise not
    the day of small things.

                 Zechariah 4.10


No comments: