Thursday, January 16, 2014

But I don't want to



Obedience is not about rules,
        but about relationship.
Most of all,
       it is not even about my will
                       or His,
       but of trust.

When I trust,
      I gladly follow.

Earlier this week, I overheard a conversation
between my daughter
     and my very two-year-old grandson.
She had asked him to come upstairs.
"But I don't want to," he said.
"Well, you are going to miss out,"
                                  she replied.
Disobedience
            is not getting my way.
Disobedience is missing out.

Obedience to God
        is not power over us,
but His presence within.

Has the LORD as great delight
    in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
as in obeying the voice of the LORD?
Behold,
          to obey is better than sacrifice,
and to hearken than the fat of rams.

                       1 Samuel 15.22

No comments: