Friday, February 7, 2014

Dance upon it




















It doesn't matter what is happening around her.
It doesn't matter where she is.
It doesn't even matter the music
                                     ...or a lack entirely.
She dances.
She twirls.
Sometimes she even breaks into leaps  
                              across the kitchen floor.
She cannot help but respond
            to the joy that wells up within her.
And in her movements,
           she is learning new ways
           to dance upon circumstances,
to praise Him
no matter what is swirling around her. 
Her eyes are lifted up
              to the One who brings joy.
 

You have turned for me
 my mourning
                     into dancing,
You have loosed my sackcloth
         and girded me with gladness,
that my soul may praise You
                            and not be silent.
O LORD my God,
I will give thanks to You for ever.

                              Psalm 30. 11-12


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen really enjoyed reading your blog specially about the one Where your dad built in ice-skating Brought back memories of my neighborhood