Saturday, February 1, 2014

Use it, re-use it


Check out these Clever Ways to Repurpose Old Drawers



















A friend of mine writes for a domestically-oriented blog called Little House In The Suburbs  I love reading it because it instructs me in creative, organic, and joyful homemaking skills.  The women who write this blog view "problems" as opportunities for creating something new.

Today, one of the postings made me smile:  the repurposing of old drawers.  How do people even imagine these things?  Very simply.  They think differently

http://acultivatednest.com/2014/01/clever-ways-to-repurpose-old-drawers/

And as I examine what is all around me.
What is that doing in my life?
Or even what is that still doing in my life?
Remove it, O LORD!
A struggle,
a tough relationship,
a broken piece that doesn't belong,
that which was stored away
             in the attic of my heart.
I stand in need,
      surrounded by irrelevant junk,
    tattered, worn out, paint peeling,
       and what do I do with that?
O LORD,
help me to see it as You do,
            to visualize it redeemed,
      something useful
               and beautiful.
I see what doesn't belong,
         what is broken and forlorn,
         what has no relevance to my needs.
And You see purpose
                          and delight,
     that which only You can transform.
Even in me,
         even now.
You are still the Creator.
You are my Redeemer.

Now to Him who is able
     to do far more abundantly
than all that we ask or think,
according to the power at work
                       within us...

                    Ephesians 3.20

Don't just look at things differently.
Look at God differently.
               
   

No comments: