Sunday, March 23, 2014

And it was there when I needed it
















The forest was still brown from the winter, the trees arching over the trail as if shivering from the chill of early spring.  Our path was muddy and long, but there was a profound beauty even in the solitude.

And then suddenly appearing alongside the path, a burst of wild daffodils cheered us on our journey, an impossible bouquet planted by God on the pale landscape.

That same day, I received a quick sweet email from an old friend.  She had no idea that how timely her encouragement, when I needed it most, like an unexpected fellowship of flowers on the side of my trail.

Encouragement is far too rare,
and a simple word of kindness
           spreads like wild flowers
    in unexpected places.
               


The LORD GOD has given me
the tongue of those who are taught,
that I may know
      how to sustain with a word
him that is weary.

                       Isaiah 50.4


No comments: