Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Stuck in my head


Last week, I watched the Walt Disney cartoon classic Robin Hood with our grandkids.  I hadn't seen it in years.  And in the progression of my week, the little tunes kept marching through my thoughts like a too-long Memorial Day parade.

But the "tune" I want to be repeating in a continual loop in my thoughts is that which impacts, enhances, and flavors not just my day, but my life.

What never ceases?

The steadfast love of the LORD
                     never ceases,
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.

                         Lamentations 3. 22-23

On what do I dwell,
     in Whom do I abide?
God changes everything about my day
    when I follow Him into it.

Behold,
      God is my helper;
the LORD is the upholder of my life.

                              Psalm 54. 4

Remember,
recite,
repeat on a continual loop.

No comments: