Monday, August 5, 2013

No Exceptions

My husband and I were shopping earlier this summer in a store that boasted 25 percent off everything.  As the cashier began ringing up our purchases, some of the items received the discount, and others did not.  "Oh, the promotion doesn't apply to sale items," she explained.  She then handed us the flyer which in HUGE type declared the percentage off, visible twenty feet away.  But in a font-size too small for the naked eye, the text elaborated the exceptions - certain styles, specific racks, and any items already marked down.

As I ran this morning, I thought about this truth about God:

For the LORD is good,
His steadfast love endures forever,
and His faithfulness to all generations.

                           Psalm 100.5

No exceptions. 

May I keep His words before me,
          no matter where,
          no matter what,
                    even in this.
His strength.
His love.
His truth.



No comments: