Wednesday, April 1, 2015

15 minutes can save you 15 percent


We have seen and heard the little gecko so often speak about insurance quotes that the commercials now say, "Everyone knows 15 minutes can save you 15 percent on car insurance."

As I go about my own day, I realize my own need for God's guidance into it.  There is a clear difference to my day and its outcome when I take the time to listen to the LORD and read His Word first thing.

That time alters my thinking and refocuses my eyes on God.  And as a result, well, even 15 minutes saves me a lot more than 15 percent of my day.  What if I was 15 percent more efficient in my use of time, what if I slept 15 percent better, what if I was even 15 percent more sensitive to God's guidance as I go through my tasks?

I cannot count how many times that God has impressed my thoughts with what I have forgotten -- before I leave the house.  A thought from the LORD turns me in a different direction, and I avoid the traffic jam.  What I consider a delay or an interruption actually turns out to be the most fruitful part of my day.  Oh, the things I would have missed.  Oh, the time I would have saved if I had listened first.

Where did that thought come from?  I never thought of it that way.  I didn't see that before.  Something came on my radar.  I would have missed that entirely.

I am not alone in this.  God's Presence changes everything.

Your Word is a lamp to my feet,
and a light to my path.

              Psalm 119. 105

I am not a mathematician, but in a 24 hour period of time, 15 percent is 3 hours and 36 minutes.  Even in a 12 hour day, 15 percent is 48 minutes.

What if I was able to add just 48 minutes to my day?  God can do even more than that.

It is not a matter of "read these verses, get a prize."  But seeking the LORD, and He will do a lot more than saving you time.  He will change your life.  And impact everyone around you.

My times are in Your Hand.

                  Psalm 31.15





No comments: