Friday, April 17, 2015

Limited Data


I am coming off somewhat of an internet fast.  Last month, there was a little too much month left when I received an alert that we were down to just ten percent of our remaining data.  And so, I jumped off the grid for everything but the absolute necessary business, and I took advantage of wifi wherever it was available.

What was draining me?

The basic problem was that my phone was defaulting at all times to my limited data, so even when I was at home or in a place where my phone should have recognized wifi, I was using up my limited allotted data for the month.  I didn't realize it until it was too late.  Those tiny little GB's of data disappear incredibly fast, even for the most mundane of tasks such as checking email or the weather, and in hyper-speed for anything like items with streamed video.

But when I am linked to wifi, there is available data, all I need and more.

The significant difference is on whom am I depending.  What is my default?  Have I checked it lately?  

Am I looking to God for my strength?  Am I seeking God for His wisdom in this situation?

I am always limited in what I can do.
But God is not.
There is never any lack in Him.

How do I know?  Because the Bible is stock full of people like me, getting to the end of ourselves, realizing our own limitations and learning to depend on God.  Who is my source?  He who is all powerful, the Almighty is His name.

The LORD is my strength and my song.
                    Exodus 3. 15

If any of you lacks wisdom,
let him ask God,
who gives to all men generously
         and without reproaching,
and it will be given him.
                    James 1.5


No comments: