Monday, April 6, 2015

The morning after Easter and what do I do with all these left-over jelly beans



It is the morning after Easter.  The dishes are cleaned up from our cobbled-together feast yesterday, my few Easter decorations have yet to be stored away on the attic shelf, and a lone bag of jelly beans is still squirreled away in a drawer. Back to reality.

But I can still hear the deep multi-layered sheer joy of the worship service yesterday, like whoa, we have been holding back.

Back to reality?
The reality is
       Jesus has changed my life.

And that rejoicing should resound in every dimension of what I see and touch and do.  Something is different here.  And that would be my heart.

Easter is not an annual event that I should pack up and dismantle for next year.  But the core of who I am.

Not pack it up,
     but go forth in His grace,
worshiping Him
             in all you do.

I have been crucified with Christ;
it is no longer I who live,
       but Christ who lives in me;
and the life I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me
            and gave Himself for me.

                     Galatians 2. 20

Nothing will ever be the same.


No comments: