Tuesday, April 21, 2015

"No Events Today"




















I snapped on my phone this morning to quick check  my email, the weather, and my calendar.

"No events," the screen indicates.

I can hear God chuckling. 
"Just wait."

The most profound things in life
      won't be found on any calendar,
but that which is unforeseen,
unexpected,
                and divinely appointed.

What will God place on my radar today,
who will He put on my path,
what needs will open up,
what blessings crouch beneath the surface,
what eternally-scheduled designs
             does God have up His sleeve?

I may not be able to see it coming,
        but God is never surprised.

God always works in deeper dimensions
           than I can ever see.

When I do not present my day before God,
        but seek His day for me,
there are no interruptions,
no accidents,
but just His purposes unfolding.

No events?
   Just watch what God will do,
extraordinary things
         with what we see
         as an ordinary day.

But I trust in You,
                O LORD,
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in Your hand.

                      Psalm 31. 14-15



No comments: