Sunday, December 8, 2013

What pretzels and corn chex built




















From all appearances, my granddaughter and I were building a log cabin out of pretzels and corn chex, while her little brother was taking a nap the other day.  I don't get to spend time often with our grandchildren as they live two states away.  And so, when the opportunity presents itself, I delight in every moment.

But what was really being built in that kitchen was my relationship with Maggie, not that I learned to love her more, but learning new ways to love her.

The "log" cabin will not last forever.  And at her age, it is likely that Maggie will not even remember this fun afternoon.  But I will never forget.

And I have come to know
God delights in us
           even more.

Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.
Behold,
     I have graven you
     on the palms of my hands...

                      Isaiah 49. 15-16


No comments: